Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Got My TWA Tapered and Love It !

The Process of Getting My Hair Tapered

This past Sunday, I went to a barber shop and got my hair tapered.  The afro was cute, but the tapered look was more me.  When I called the barber shop, I was already armed with some photos.  Luckily the barber also cut/shape-up women's hair on a regular basis just as he does men's hair.  He told me to wash my hair, put no product and blow dry it out.  And do not cover my head so I don't press my hair down. That way, he doesn't have to pull on my hair so much when he combs it out and he can get a more precise cut. 

 
When I got there, I was not nervous but so eager to sit in that chair.  I kept staring at the photos that I had screenshots of.  10 minutes later, I finally sat in his chair and he hooked me up lovely. 30 minutes later, I was done. He told me when I wash my hair, it will shrink up and I will see the actual look I was going for.  I went home, cowashed and was extremely pleased with the results as it started to get into it's "natural" state. 

I decided that I may keep the sides and back tapered for a while and let the top grow out.  I love it, it is fun and new.  I also can't keep my hands out of my hair either!  I am loving my hair and it is going to be a fun journey although I have to go through this "trial and error" phase with hair products.
 
Thanks so much for reading!



10 comments:

  1. I love the cut! It fits you very well. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your tapered cut! Can you share how you blow out your TWA?

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if you were referring to doing a video or not.
      First, I make sure the hair was well detangled and a comb could go through it. I started from the front blow drying on medium heat and worked my way back. Each time I dried a section of hair, I clipped it towards the front while I continued. Hope this makes sense :-)
      I also use a wide tooth comb while blow drying.

      Delete
  3. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    short hair
    black salon
    Blowouts
    smoothing treatments
    deep conditioning treatments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uptime is one of the most important factors in maintaining an effective online presence. Outages of any duration can be costly. Downtime can impact your organization directly by causing lost sales, signups, etc., or indirectly by hurting your reputation and brand image.Garry’s Mod free

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crucial that you set-up your blog the right way from the get go. It's what can make or break your success having a blog. Getting this wrong is likely to leave you itching your head, wondering, what in the world happened? There are several critical steps, and I'll summarize them in this article.Casual Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ever so for you in my opinion internet site article. we're a set of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our network. Your net web site supplied us with valuable data to work on. See More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creating a blog can appear difficult for many people, even though for some individuals it's an simple process. Nevertheless, a very important factor that everybody shares in common is that they are searching for ways to improve their blog and attain increased achievement.Formal Shoes for men

    ReplyDelete