Tuesday, December 11, 2012

L.O.C. Method on Relaxed Hair

I recently posted an "Air Drying on Relaxed Hair" video on Youtube and showed the process on how I do it with no heat.  In the video, I did a process called the L.O.C. Method on my relaxed hair.   A subscriber observed this as she watched the video and asked should I have sealed with the oil last.  I realized that I did not explain this as a quick FYI in the video. Many of us learned, to seal in moisture, we usually seal everything with an oil, right?

I have been reading many blogs about this method, and I noticed that a lot of women who have natural hair have tried it and loved it. I read about it on Curly Nikki's blog, whom one of her lovely guest bloggers wrote about her experience in doing it on her natural hair. 

What is the LOC Method? The acronyms L.O.C. stands for, Liquid, Oil, Cream

(L) Liquid: You use liquid on your hair such as water
(O) Oil: You seal with an oil to lock in the liquid moisture 
(C) Cream: Finally, you put on a cream over the oil and liquid 

Basically it is a way of sealing the hair of it's moisture, twice. Each layer is sealed for more moisture retention.  I am sure some people have been doing this for a long time, way before a name was given to it; to which it recently rose to popularity among the hair care world. 

So, I tried the L.O.C. method on my relaxed hair.  Some of you may know that my hair is prone to getting dry easily since I mentioned it via several sources.  And I have relaxed hair.  So with relaxed hair, we do have to work a little more to keep it moisturized.

When I first read about this method, I said to myself...it would not hurt for me to try it. And what did I have to lose any way?  I am just using moisturizers and sealants.

I watched several Youtube videos from those you happen to have natural hair, and read blogs about it to get more information.  I tried it for a little over a month, without mentioning anything so I can test it out myself before I shared my experience. 

Here is what I did and used for the L.O.C. Method:

(L) Liquid: Water (hair is wet from washing), ApHogee Pro Vitamin Leave-In 

(O) Oil: - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) 

(C) Cream: - Elasta QP Mango Butter 


The results:

I am happy to say that it has worked for me to hold in more moisture for MUCH, MUCH LONGER.  I observed and tried to notice if my hair needed daily moisture as before.  You know how that can be, if you moisturize almost every day, you are prone to build up depending on what products you use.

Before, I had to moisturize my hair almost every 2 days.  After implementing the method, I noticed that may hair can go almost 5 days without re-moisturizing after doing it few times.  Because of my experience, the L.O.C. Method works on my relaxed hair and is here to stay!  .

It may not work for every one just like it does/did not work for every one who is natural. But I do feel confident that we can implement that into our hair care regimen. Some of the products I use may be heavy for your hair, but I am sure there are products you have that can make this method work for you.

Questions for all of my natural, relaxed/texlaxed ladies: 

Has anyone used L.O.C. method?  How has it worked for you?  Are you going to try it?  What products will you or did you use?

16 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this method on my next wash day. I'll use water and the CON Strength and Shine Leave as my "L", a little bit of Coconut Oil as my "O", and TreSemme Naturals as my "C". Should be interesting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it here too! lol.. yes.. i love layering on my moisturizers and oils! My hair soaks it all up and looks shinier and healtier.. and it lasts longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I going suggest this to my mom who is relaxed thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the l.o.c method. My hair retains much more moisture. I made a blogpost about it. Also I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for the details on it =) http://persiannamedgirl.blogspot.nl/2012/12/hello-beauties-im-so-happy-right-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you , I have been doing this way before I start blogging or reading about hair care . Luckily I had a mother that was always about healthy hair .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried it.. It's pretty good.. I have 4a hair type.. L- (Fresh AloeVera Gel, O- Castor or Grapeseed Oil, C- ORS Carrot Oil Creme

    ReplyDelete
  7. would love to try it but i am afraid my hair may feel weighed down...will give it a try on a small section first

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post hun, while reading I realised I actually do this lol, but I've never though of or heard or any particular methods. After washing I put Coconut oil in my scalp and hair. However here is how my regime differes from the LOC method.. if I have time I let it air dry at this post, and in the evening I apply a cream/moisturiser and put my hair in plaits :) x subscribed to your YT! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this, Sdestra! I have been thinking about trying the LOC method on my hair, but was wondering if it would still be beneficial to relaxed hair as opposed to natural. It's been pretty dry these last few weeks, so I'm gonna give this a try after this week's wash. I already use Elasta QP Mango Butter, so why not? Can't wait to see my results :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have thick coarse hair that looks great when it is relaxed. I have been experimenting with other products and forgot how much I love the Shielo Restoration Oil.

    I use the Shielo Oil on my hair for conditioning every few days (depending on hair dullness). My hair looks amazingly shiny and more manageable. It also helps me prevent split ends. Recently I was in a wedding and we used it as a finisher for my upsweep. The hair stylist was amazed, she commented she had never seen hair with so much sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I would love to try this. Any products you would reccomend?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Success on the internet is what you are after. This assumption is based on two facts; that you are taking the time out to read this article, and the fact that more and more people are now realizing that the internet is a potential goldmine. Garry’s Mod free

    ReplyDelete
  13. The desire to make money online through the use of social platforms is perfectly normal. In order to achieve this quest, an optimal blogging system is required. A sound blogging system would allow its user adopt a systematic approach to quench his blogging endeavors.Casual Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Almost all will agree success in internet marketing will often hinge around whether or not a decent website is employed as a promotional tool. Most do understand the necessity of creating an excellent website. Visit Here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Starting a blog is nowhere near difficult but creating a successful blog may be another story for you. An excellent blogging how-to should tell you all the basics you will need to become successful blogging.Many business owners don't realize this but a blog can actually do so much for one's marketing plan. Formal Shoes for men

    ReplyDelete