Saturday, November 29, 2014

Transitioning Hair Journey is Over: The "Big Chop" Happened

Some of you already saw my "New Hair" photo on my Facebook fan page and/or on my Instagram Page.

My Transitioning Hair Journey is over. 


It was going to happen sooner or later that I was going to cut it off. 
No clipping here and there until the relaxed hair was gone.

I big chopped.  It was done.  Full gusto.  No Regrets.


I was annoyed with my hair and felt I couldn't do much with it because of the hassle of handling the new growth and natural hair.  It was time for it to go. 

The photo below was right after the cut. I still have some relaxed ends I need to cut off.  Just patted it down a bit just to take a photo after the initial cut. I wanted something to compare it to in the future .

This is a new journey I wanted to try out, not because I was tired of getting relaxers. I had a successful relaxed hair journey and I don't all-of-a-sudden hate relaxers. And I will still have relaxer advice if you need it . It is always okay to try something different in anything in life...agree? It will grow back, "Ain't stressin' over here." 
 
I have so much to learn about my hair. What it likes, what it doesn't like and styling.  I'm just ready to have fun and enjoy this new journey.

I will have an "After The Big Chop" reaction video posted after the Thanksgiving weekend. 
But for now, check out my Big Chop video.  My daughter MadiMel, helped me cut it off and she was elated...LOL.
 

Thanks for watching and watch me grow during my new hair journey!

8 comments:

  1. I love your new look Sdestra! It's so cute how your daughter helped you with your big chop! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey! I'm glad she was a part of the process. I just wanted to show her that hair is not a big deal and it grows back.

      Delete
  2. I love the video! Your daughter's too cute. Congrats on your big chop!! I love your fro. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You betta work!!! I love that you let your daughter help you chop! I bet that she will NEVER forget the day!

    Congrats!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She will not forget. She proudly tells people that she cut my hair like it's a badge of honor. Thanks so much for watching hun!

      Delete