Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hair and Make Up: Celebrating My Wedding Anniversary

Husband and I at Ocean Prime in Atlanta


My husband and I have been married for eight years now!!!  Yay!  And with God's presence, it has been an amazing journey for us.  With two children and the both of us being silly at times, there is never a dull moment here at all.  What is the secret?  Keeping God as a focus and every thing will fall into place in all aspects of a marriage/relationship.  Also reinventing yourself in a way where you will surprise and amaze one another by the things you do, changing your look, doing something out of the ordinary and stimulating a different kind of spark.  It is fine if you love each other just the way you both are, but do not be afraid to add a twist to make it things memorable. 



Our wedding anniversary was during the week and we celebrated during the weekend.  He presented me with delicate roses, a silly card and a special gift (not ready to share that just yet.)  I was surprised and confused at first, but it was a promise he kept for several years although I told him that he did not have to.  But, I will share that it was as if I was proposed to all over again...lol!


For dinner, we went to Ocean Prime in the city of Atlanta Saturday evening. Food was great, beautiful and classy atmosphere and the service was very efficient!  It was a perfect way to start off our evening before we go to other "hot spots" in the city.




Let us get into my look for this past Saturday evening.

Before (Day) and After (Evening):
Photos were taken at two different times of the day

Hair

* Co-washed my hair early Saturday morning and let it air dry with the leave-ins: ApHogee Pro Vitamin Leave-In and ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer

* Air dry up to 90%

* Grabbed large sections and ran the blow dryer up and down while on low heat. 

* Flat ironed my hair, running it one time down the length of my hair using Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening Serum

* I clipped my ends (just a little bit) but was not aiming to even it out.

* Then I wrapped my hair, tied it down with a scarf.


Face

As far as my make-up goes, I barely did anything in my opinion.  Honestly, I do not use foundation, concealers, etc all over my face.  I have not had issues with breaking out or anything, but my skin feels clogged if I do so.  I have skin moles gifted to me through hereditary by my beautiful mom, but I do not go out the way to cover them up. But I definitely love to accentuate my features.

* To moisturize my face, I used Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 50 Daily Moisturizer

* Filled in my eyebrows with NYX 903 Dark Brown and shaped around it using MAC Studio Tech NC45 (very lightly) so I can flawlessly blend it with my natural skin tone

* Lightly brushed MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (dark) around my eyes, forehead and chin - that evens my skin good enough

* I used colors from two different BH Cosmetics Color Palettes for my eye lids, colors starting from a shimmery lavender shade, to pewter, to charcoal.  NYX Liquid Eyeliner and Cover Girl Great Lash Mascara

* Lips: MAC Lipstick (Fresh Moroccan), MAC Lip Pencil (Chestnut) and MAC Lip Glass (Restless)

Thanks for reading!

-Sdestra




21 comments:

  1. Congratulation , your photos look lovely .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Sdestra! Congratulations on eight years. I am right there along with you at nine years. Love and blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun and Happy Anniversary to you too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you and your husband. May God bless you to share many more years together. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun and thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  4. Awwwwww Happy Anniversary!!! I totally agree about the secret to a sucessful marriage "Keeping God as a focus and every thing will fall into place in all aspects of a marriage/relationship." May God Bless you all with many many many more:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also nominated you for an award check out my blog:-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, God first! Thank you so much and I appreciate the well wishes. How is your family doing?

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the nomination hun :-)

      Delete
  5. You are the first peron I have heard that appreciates what has been passed down to you. I too have skin moles and have never wanted to cover them up. I get them from my grandmother and when I look in the mirror I see her in me. You also peaked my interest on what the "special gift" was that your hubby got u :-). Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I really don't see the problem with moles and I see that we do agree. If you're beautiful, you're beautiful. And it makes it more special when you see someone in you, especially some one like your grandmother. Many people need to embrace what they inherited and rock it and own it with grace and class. I'm glad you embrace yours too and know that you are as beautiful as your grandmother! The special gift...hmmm...I haven't revealed it yet. Put it this way, "New bands will make her dance" :-)

      Delete
  6. WAOUUUH ! happy Anniversary, beautiful blog
    Kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy (late) Anniversary. You looked fab.. love the day to night transformation,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see any moles. Is this another name for freckles? You looked beautiful btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Blog! Thank you for giving the great information, Which can helps more and more & Its wonderful to visit your blog.
    Dandruff Treatment in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete