Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Was Nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award!



I want to thank these three wonderful ladies for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!  I am relatively new to blogging and I appreciate the love I have received so far. These lovely ladies, Southern Girl of Pecan Pie and Pin Curls, Darrolyn Evans of The Wondrous World of Parenting and Emprezz of GhanaianEmprezz nominated me.  I want to thank each and every one of them for even following my blog!  Take the time to check them out too!


1. Thank the Blogger that nominated me.
2. Share 7 random facts about me.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
4. Let nominated bloggers know they have been nominated.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award to my post.



Seven random facts about me

1. First and foremost I love God!

2. My family is from Haiti and I am so proud of my heritage and culture!

3. I praise God for allowing my 3 children (Daughter, Son and Husband) to drive me crazy otherwise, I'd be worried!

4. I love to crochet and sew but have so many unfinished projects...

5. I cook many different types of food: Haitian, Jamaican, Indian, Thai, Italian to name a few...

6. I'm a hardcore couponer and walk around with a zippered binder that make store managers follow me around...

7. I took a Japanese course in highschool for 2 years, I can have a small conversation and can write in two forms, Hiragana and Katakana. 


The 15 Nominees I have chosen and check them out too!
 
1. Curls Of Innocence
2. Ghanaian Emprezz
3. Healthy Hair by Special K
4. Wura's Hair Secret
5. Uniquely Stated
6. My Baby Girl's Curls
7. iitmateeba, etc.
8. Wishful Lengths
9. Do Your Thing Girl
10. My Pound Cake
11. Hair Mary - I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
12. My Own Beautician
13. Perfect Tresses
14. Ebony's Garden
15. Beautiful Hair - Hair Care Guide


14 comments:

  1. Congrats and thanks for nominating me but I really dont know what this is about and what to do now lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...It's okay hun...I look at it as a way to network with other bloggers. Bring yourself exposure and find out who is out there that you may find interesting. Basically, you'll create a blog post (I don't think it is mandatory) saying you received an award, thank the giver, mention 7 things about yourself to share and list 15 bloggers you nominate (most likely from a list of bloggers that recently started blogging)...and let them know that they were nominated :-).

      Delete
    2. You are multi talented and your family,especially your kids, are blessed to have you.

      Delete
  2. What name should I used for you ? Sdestra ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can say Sdestra of Sdestra Hair Journey :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you darling Sdestra for nominating me. I appreciate it loads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ being followed around in the store with your binder, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sdestra.....Thank you so much for your momination!!! I recieved this award a few months ago, but I'm still very thankful for your nomination as well. Loved reading more about you I loved number 3 lol lol. I can relate hahaha:-) Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome hun! A few people I nominated had you on their list too and I said it doesn't hurt for you to have another one :-) Stay sweet and hug the kiddos for me. I am inspired to do a Meet the Kids vid like you did. I just have to do it when my son is not cranky...lol.

      Delete
  6. WOW ! I LOVE YOUR BLOG VERY INSPIRATIONAL!! I HAD TO COMMENT AND SHOW LOVE TO MY FELLOW HAITIANS!

    ReplyDelete