Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself...

Hello everyone! 

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am a mother to two children and a wife.  I have been blessed throughout the years with the things God has given me and the things I have experienced to make me laugh, cry, think and learn.  I enjoy sewing, crocheting, cooking, singing and other things which you may learn as I blog.
Some of you may know me from several hair sites and Youtube.  I consider myself a newbie on Youtube because I'm just getting my feet wet with videos.  And now I am new to blogging!  Pretty excited about that :-).

About my hair journey:  I started my hair journey a little over 4 years ago and documented it using a photo sharing site called Fotki.  My sister-in-law introduced me to the world of hair care which I am grateful for.  Although I do have relaxed hair, I do work on natural hair too.  My daughter has natural hair and throughout the years I have learned about her hair's needs.
 
Through my hair journey, I have had experienced setbacks, minor and major.  Did that discourage me? No.  Maybe it saddened me at times, but what did I do?  Learned from it and moved on.  That is why it is called a journey...you go down a road, hit road blocks, have to take detours, look at a map, continue and hope you are led into the direction you originally intended to get to.

Most of all, I understand that it is just hair.  Yes, we all want beautiful and healthy hair.  That can be attained with due diligence, research, knowledge and patience.  Some want long hair no matter at what cost.  But this is what I tell others...Healthy hair will always turn heads even at ear length.
I will share some tips, my hair journey, my daughter's, tips and other random things that may be of interest to some.

I want to thank you for reading and God bless you all!  Stay tuned for more posts from me!  Just started my blog up and will have my page completely set up with more!

God bless!
-Sdestra

www.Youtube.com/user/Sdestra

7 comments:

  1. welcome to blogging! i look forward to reading more. btw, I'm having a 100+ Follower Urban Decay Giveaway! I hope you enter :)♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lexi and I appreciate you following my blog :-) I will come and check out the give away, hopefully I didn't miss it...lol.

      Delete
  2. Awwww, that was sweet! I look forward to learning more about you as you continue to blog and share your insight with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem hun! And thank you for your support :-) Now come and get the kids!

      Delete
  3. You've been on my for 3 years now. I remember you being so nice to me on KISS back in 2008. I started watching your vids a few days ago because I follow traycee on you tube, and she mention you. I hope you remember me. Congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady!!! How've you been?! How are the kids doing? I definitely remember you when I clicked and went to your blog. Thanks for the congrats, that baby is an 18 month old terror! But so blessed that he's great. Are you on any hair boards and how has your hair journey been? I'm on KISS of course and Hairlista :-) Thanks so much for watching my videos, I'm trying to post more :-) And yes, Traycee put me on the spot...because I did it to her in one of my videos...lol.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete