Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Blow Drying Natural Hair - Tension Method

I don't really blow dry my daughter's hair. It is on a rare ocassion when it is done.  But I usually stretch it out first to elongate her hair before styling.

Some people thought it took my hours to dry her hair because of the amount of it she has.  Actually, it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes.  The key to this is technique is to keep the hair parted.  From the time I wash her hair to blow drying it, I keep her hair parted in sections.  Those things help avoid tangling during each processes.  Each section is worked on at a time and results in a quick and effortless process with everything.

The tension method works well for us because I do not have to use a comb attachment to dry her hair.  Using a comb attachment adds more stress to the hair.  Pulling, possibly tangles and breakage as well.

Basically, a section of hair is held down firmly while the blow dryer is run up and down the length of the hair using low heat.  Cool setting can be used as well.

Below is the video on how I do it, products used and results.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! MadiMel is absorbs and I love this technique!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorbs overload!!! Tension method for the win every time.

    Jay of www.relaxedthairapy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, less stress to the hair, no combing while drying and it is quick and easy. Thanks so much for watching!

      Delete